The MathWorks Blokus Duo Design Contest
Blokus Duo: The Final Chapter - All-Accelerator Design Contest at HEART 2015 at Boston, June 2015.
Blokus Duo Host System
Host system is provided in 2 ways: the source code for development and bootable memstick image for final tests. Both archives are available from links below.
Memstick setup instruction
- Get an USB memstick larger than 3.7GB (Most 4GB sticks should be OK)
- Plug the memstick to your BSD/Linux machine, then check the device file name (/dev/daX or /dev/sdX)
- Unzip blokus-1202.zip and get blokus-1202.img
- Write the image by: dd if=blokus-1202.img of=/dev/daX bs=1048576 count=4096 conv=sync
- You're done. You can boot from the USB memstick.
dd may be output an error on some 4GB memsticks, because of the image size is slightly larger, but I believe it's no problem in most cases.
Communication test with the memstick
Your USB-UART adapter will appear as /dev/cuaUx (x is device #). Recent Digilent boards will occupy both of /dev/cuaU0 and /dev/cuaU1, but the host program will automatically detect your UART in your Blokus design.
Please check your design works with all of 4 commands below:
% blokus-host -a 1 -1 % blokus-host -a 1 -1 -r % blokus-host -a 1 -2 % blokus-host -a 1 -2 -r
For people loves deep-learning, game logs of past Blokus Duo contests are available here: